Sunday, October 31, 2010

Thoughts


Sorry it's been so long.

It seems cliche to say, "I've been REALLY busy...." but I have!

Thoughts:

1) Andy and I ran the Oktoberfest 10 K this past month. It was alot of fun!

2) New jobs are GREAT--but they really throw off your schedule/balance!

3) With just five days to go before my half-marathon, I found out I would not be able to do it, due to a very important family event. I feel bad that I was not able to check this off my "to do" list, and have had to tell myself several times to "let it go." But... I know that I was at the right place that day. At least I can say that I have run a healthy 12 miles, and survived!

4) After "inspecting" my kiddos treat bags (hehehe--you KNOW you do it!) I am going to come off the nasty sugar high I have felt today (YUCK!) and go full throttle for a healthy holiday season. (I have an amazing sugar-free pumpkin pie recipe that NO ONE will know it's any different!)

5) I am going to do one of my 5 day cleanses in "celebration" of feeling like crap from the "inspection" done on the fore-mentioned bags! (Anyone want to join me?!)

6) I made one of the BEST protein smoothies EVER this past week. Here is the recipe:
A version of "Nisha's Green Smoothie"
1 small ripe avocado
1 small banana
1 cup nonfat milk
1 cup fresh spinach
2 scoops Soyamax protein powder
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 handful ice cubes
This will serve one person for a meal, or two people for a snack :)

7) When you work full time, night running RULES! I mean, it's not really fun running unless your hands and face are numb, right?!

8) Shout out to my friend, Jamie, who ran the half-marathon and rocked it in her bumble bee costume!! Another shout out to my friend, Nisha, who ran the AF 5k, and looked radiant in her HMK Apron and 50's house-wife hair!!

9) I've been eating Fugi apples like crazy--at least one each day! They are great for when you just have "the munchies."

10) Two running dates: I'm signed up on the "Save the Tetons" team for the The Epic Logan-Teton Relay Race in August, and I'm thinking about the April Hobble Creek half-marathon in April if I can keep on a good winter running schedule.

STILL waiting for 50 viewers so I can give away a book...sigh...

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment