Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A little Competition never Hurts

(I look at this picture and think, "Who are these people?!!")


So...In 2009 my husband, Andy, started running. And...in true "man" style, dropped about 20 pounds in the first two weeks...no joke...This did not bode well with me. Wasn't it ME who was the runner in the family? Wasn't it ME who was suppose to lose 20 pounds in two weeks?!

Let the games begin! (Nope...not competitive AT ALL!! Right....)

So...My first run...Sad...Very sad. With the extra weight I had on, I felt unfamiliar with the body I had. I felt slow. I felt sluggish. I felt crappy. This just reaffirmed that something had to be done.

Ask any Personal Trainer, Body Builder, health practitioner, and they will tell you...It's about 75-80% what you eat, and 25-20% exercise.

People often assume that I lost all my weight from running. Wrong! Especially in those first beginning months. I needed to lose the weight so I COULD run like I wanted to!

So, while I continued to "run," I did a lot of research. I started taking nutritionals. I drank more water. I tried to eat "good things." Then one day, a dear friend told me about a book I should read...My life would never be the same!

3 comments:

  1. You aren't going to tell us what the book was?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes I will...my "dear friend!!" It deserves a whole post to itself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing! I can't wait until the next post! :) BTW, my husband drops weight like that too and it infuriates me! I hate dieting with him. Good for my husband, I just don't want to be struggling while the pounds fall of him!!! ANYWAY, I'll be waiting for the next post!

    ReplyDelete